Our Helping Hands Food Pantry organizes our Parish donations and helps out the Washington County food pantry when needed. They also prepare Thanksgiving and Christmas meals for the needy in the community.
If you have questions regarding the food pantry, would like to volunteer, or know of someone in need, please contact the Parish office at 402-468-5348.
Monthly Items List
This is a list of all the items our food pantry needs on a monthly basis. If you are able to give, please make sure food is not expired and is not opened.
- January: soup and crackers
- February: dental hygiene products (floss, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- March: paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues)
- April: soaps and cleaners (dish soap, laundry soap, Clorox bleach, hand soap)
- May: personal hygiene products (shampoo/conditioner, razors, deodorant/sprays)
- June: boxed meals (potatoes, Mac & cheese, hamburger helper)
- July: canned meats (tuna, chicken, roast beef, spam)
- August: spaghetti sauce/noodles & peanut butter & jelly
- September: canned and powdered milk
- October: baking needs (flour, sugar, pudding/jell-o, canned pie mix, baking soda and powder)
- November: thanksgiving meals (stuffing, yams, cranberry sauce, pumpkin)
- December: breakfast items (cereal, pop tarts, cereal bars, pancake mix, syrup)
Fort Calhoun Elementary School donates to our Food Pantry during Christmas.