For Catholics, the Sacrament of Marriage, or Holy Matrimony, is a public sign that one gives oneself totally to this other person. It is also a public statement about God: the loving union of
husband and wife speaks of family values and also God's values.
The FOCCUS™ Pre-Marriage Inventory is designed for couples preparing for marriage or seriously considering marriage. Completion of the Inventory
provides their trained FOCCUS Facilitator with a personalized profile of their relationship; its strengths and challenges.
The FOCCUS™ Pre-Marriage Inventory and FOCCUS Couple Report help target discussion on topics important to marital success. The FOCCUS™ Pre-Marriage Inventory is not a test and is not
used to label couples or predict marital couple success, but rather to help couples celebrate their relationship strengths and talk with each other about topics needing further
The FOCCUS™ Pre-Marriage Inventory is a research-based, 151 item assessment. The FOCCUS Couple Report presents scores and graphs of couples’ agreement based on five major content
areas representing 20 separate scales:
- Match: Lifestyle Expectations, Friends and Interests, Personality Match, Personal Issues
- Skills: Communication, Problem Solving
- Bonders: Religion, Spirituality, and Values, Parenting Issues, Extended Family Issues, Sexuality Issues, Financial
- Integrators: Readiness Issues, Covenant and Commitment
- Summary Categories: Key Problem Indicators, Family of Origin, Dual Career
- Special Issues: Interfaith Marriages, Remarriages, Cohabiting Couples, Couples with Children, Pets and
Contact Fr. James or Fr. G to get started on your classes, general time frame is one year to eight months in advance.