Why go to Reconciliation:
Only twice in Sacred Scripture do we find God breathing into human beings. First, in the Genesis account of creation, God breathes the life of a soul into the man He has created. (Gen 2:7) Now Jesus breathes His life into His Apostles His priests, so that through them He will "breathe" life into the souls of contrite sinners. In this scene, Christ instituted the sacrament of penance and made His Apostles the ministers of it. For all of our sins, we bring our soul to the Lord and receive forgiveness. The healing grace of the sacrament of penance washes away sin and give us the strength to avoid that sin again.
We will have confession available every Thursday during Lent at 7pm.
Why go to the Stations of the Cross?:
Since Lent is a penitential season of preparation for Easter, the Stations of the Cross, which follow the path of Christ from Pontius Pilate's praetorium to Christ's tomb have been a popular devotion in parishes. In the 16th century, this pathway was officially entitled the "Via Dolorosa" (Sorrowful Way) or simply Way of the Cross or Stations of the Cross.
We will have Stations of the Cross every Thursday during Lent at 7pm.
The Faith Formation committee is made up of all those who coordinate or represent some aspect of parish life that contributes to the overall faith development.
Fulfills Parish Mission by:
- Awakening the faith in others (evangelize)
- Nourishing and guiding those who have come to faith
- Supporting opportunities for growth in faith for all members
- Promoting communication among parish groups providing education in faith
- Unifying our efforts at faith formation
- Encouraging and inviting, welcome environment for calling others to faith
- Providing an atmosphere that encourages questions and information seeking
- Providing resources to other seeking a deeper understanding of the faith
- Keeping a spirit of joy alive in our faith journey
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church
215 N 13th St
PO Box 148
Fort Calhoun, NE 68023
Saturday Mass Times
Sunday Mass Times
Sacrament of Penance:
Saturdays: 4:15-4:45 PM
Sundays: 9:00-9:20 AM
*You can call the parish office to schedule
Business Office Hours
Monday: 9 am - 3 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 12 pm
Wednesday: 9 am- 3 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 3 pm
Friday: 9 am - 3 pm
Going to be traveling out of the Fort Calhoun area? Visit http://masstimes.org/ to find a Catholic Church where you are visiting!